October is National Chiropractic Health Month! Here are 5 things you should know prior to seeing a chiropractor at Elite Sports and Spine Chiropractic:
- The popping sounds are not your bones cracking: Certain chiropractic adjustments make sound. That sound is the release of gas during a pressure change from the adjustment. In fact, our chiropractors also perform other treatments on soft tissues, to aid in a faster recovery!
- Our chiropractors treat more than just the spine: The chiropractors at Elite Sports and Spine Chiropractic are trained to treat a variety of conditions and injuries including, but not limited to: ankle sprains, plantarfasciitis, arthritis, rotator cuff tears, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, post-surgical repairs, concussions, and spinal cord injuries!
- Chiropractic care is for everyone: The youngest patient to ever come through the doors at Elite was only a few days old, and the oldest was in their 90s. Chiropractic care is beneficial for all ages for different reasons. The human body goes through stress all throughout the day. We use chiropractic care to help reduce the mechanical stress on the body. In return, this helps manage pain and other dysfunction that you or other patients may be experiencing!
- You do not have to be in pain to see a chiropractor: Pain is usually the last thing to show up when there is a problem. It is also one of the first things to go away during the healing process. It is important to know that there can still be dysfunction and injury, even without pain. This is why it is important to follow through with a treatment plan, even if you are feeling great!
- You do not need a script to see us for treatment: Chiropractors typically do not need a referral or a script from another doctor to start a treatment plan, even if it is not a back or neck injury. If you hurt your knee, wrist, shoulder, foot/ankle, etc, you can make an appointment to be treated the same day!
We hope these ‘5 things you should know before visiting a chiropractor’ have helped you better understand what we do! If you have any more questions, please visit our common FAQ’s page. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns, we’re happy to help