Now Open! Accepting New Patient Appointments!
Elite Sports and Spine Chiropractic in Saint Peters MO provides chiropractic care, specialized therapeutic procedures, and sports injury rehabilitation.
What do we treat?
Our chiropractors are trained to treat the following:
Elite Sports and Spine Chiropractic specializes in working with athletes of all ages and abilities in Saint Peters, MO to enhance training, speed up recovery, and improve performance. Our innovative approach takes sports rehabilitation to the next level through evidence-based chiropractic, rehabilitation, and fitness protocols. Active care rehabilitation is emphasized not only for the spine, but extremities as well.
Chiropractors in Saint Peters MO
Nathan Merhaut, M.S. D.C. C.C.S.P.®
What is Sports Chiropractic and Rehabilitation?
Sports Chiropractic and Rehabilitation is a combination of traditional chiropractic care, advanced soft tissue therapies, and active rehabilitation that addresses all areas of the body. It is a wholistic approach that focuses on restoring proper function to dysfunctional areas of the body. With modern methods of analyzing the way the body moves and functions, the doctors at Elite Sports and Spine Chiropractic get to the root of the problem to create a personalized treatment plan. Whether you suffer from an acute injury or chronic pain, our care is designed to restore optimum health.
Do you only treat athletes?
Even though we specialize in sports medicine, that does not mean we only treat athletes. From babies to the elderly, there is something for everyone at Elite! Our doctors enjoy treating pregnant women, infants, children, teens, and all other populations. Bring the whole family and see how we can restore health and wellness to your life.
What kind of treatment is available?
At Elite Sports and Spine Chiropractic, we pride ourselves on providing cutting edge and up-to-date treatments. Our doctors are trained in a variety of chiropractic and rehabilitation techniques to cater to every body type and needs of our patients. Soft tissue therapies combined with therapeutic exercises help restore proper function of the muscles. Electrical modalities including Ultrasound, EMS, and Russian Stimulation are used to help manage pain, decrease inflammation, and increase muscle strength. Our Class IV laser is another cutting-edge piece of equipment that accelerates the healing process and improves tissue function. A few other treatments offered in our offices include kinesio-taping, IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization), Normatec compression therapy, cupping, BFR (Blood Flow Restriction) therapy, mechanical traction, and nutrition counseling. All treatment plans include a variety of therapies that are personalized to what the patient needs to ensure maximal healing as quickly and safely as possible.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment
The largest benefit of chiropractic care is the how the doctor treats the underlying cause of pain or discomfort rather than the symptom. This sort of treatment benefits people who have general pain or discomfort from everyday life, to high-level athletes looking for injury repair or prevention.
Seeing a Sports Chiropractor can help with:
- Athletic Injuries: Sports Chiropractors treat a variety of injuries that occur during sports participation. Some of the most common injuries treated in a sports medicine chiropractic office include meniscus tears, ankle sprains, rotator cuff injuries, tendonitis, concussions, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, and sprains/strains.
- Work/Auto injuries: Whiplash, carpal tunnel, impingement, and disc herniations are commonly seen from auto accidents and workers compensation injuries.
- Pre- and Post-Operative Injuries: Our doctors work with a variety of patients to help perform prehab prior to a surgery, or post-operative rehabilitation to help decrease swelling, reduce adhesions, and speed up healing time. Common surgeries include ACL and meniscus repair, rotator cuff surgery, carpal tunnel surgery, laminectomy, spinal fusion, and microdiscectomies.
- Injury Prevention: One of the most important things an athlete can do is injury prevention training. Our doctors have created sport-specific and injury-specific protocols to help reduce the chances of an injury occurring. Along with specific training procedures, a full functional analysis can be done on to determine if an athlete is at risk for certain injuries. Once risk factors are identified, they can be addressed to turn any weaknesses into strengths.
- Improving Health and Wellness: Everyone can benefit from seeing a Sports Chiropractor due to the wholistic approach taken during treatment. They will look at your day to day activities, career, active life, and nutrition among other things to determine the best course of action.
If we do not think we can help you, we are happy to refer you to one of our trusted peers in the surrounding community.